Sunday, August 14, 2005

They Ride Alone

I was surfing the net (what else should I surf these days, with temperatures like in December, well at least at nights - and I'm a nightsurfah, night-sur-faah, we know how to do it) while iTunes made it's random way through my assorted collection of musical gems. It decided to play some Terry Hall, and that was so nice of, you know, iTunes. I hadn't heard TH for ages (the equivalent of at least half a year) and it brought up memories of The Fun Boy Three, The Specials, Colourfield and a lot more I ain't gonna write about here. And now. As just recently I was unpleasantly surprised by the "news" that Leftfield had split up over three years ago, I thought to myself "Well, Terry hasn't called neither written, nor has he released anything new for ages (the equivalent of nearly two years), ready or not, here I surf!" and I would put on my netsurfer costume and the bandana and you know what, the top match returned by Google was a website updated in 99 and sort of abandoned since. In case you're unfamiliar with the Google searching technique and are used to doubleklick on links (people still do that, jeeez), well here you go. It still holds an extended bio of Terry, which I didn't bother to read as a whole, but since it is still up there it can't be that bad.
The second returned link was the astralwerks' TH & Mushtaq one (come on...) which dates back to August 2003. I have heard excerpts of The Hour Of Two Lights, and couldn't really find much there, if I'm missing sth, pleaze let me know. Until then, I'll stick to the great tracks this man has released filed under the above mentioned names. Why is it that great artists like David Sylvian, Terry Hall, Leftfield and what not all seem to disappear while the world gets poluted by mainstream crap and preserved techno sh!t??? Uh, while I'm at it - does anybody remember Lee Clayton?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home