Friday, March 31, 2006

Laaaaaaame!

And that would be a legitimate comment regarding the previous entry. However, that's what happens when one impersonates inanimate objects. Speaking of: I pity inanimate objects because they can't move - from specks of dust to paperweights or a pound note sealed in resin... Plastic Santas in perpetual underwater snowstorms, sculptures that appear to be moving but aren't: I feel sorry for them all! What are they thinking when they arrive at a place? Do they sigh with disappointment, and when they leave do they have regrets? Is a sofa as happy in one corner as it is in another - and how does the room feel about it? I pity inanimate objects. I pity inanimate objects... I pity inanimate objects: I pity them all.
Physics isn't fair - is a tree as a rocking horse? An ambition fulfilled... and is the sawdust jealous? I worry about these things. Peppercorns don't move until they contaminate the ice-cream three weeks later. Is the gold in Fort Knox happy gold? I care about these things!
Some things are better left alone... grains of sand prefer their own company. But magnets are two faced. No choice for sugar - but what choice could there be - but to drown in coffee or to drown in tea... the frustrations of being inanimate. Maybe it's better that way: the fewer the moving parts the less there is to go wrong! I wonder about these things.
I pity inanimate objects. I pity inanimate objects!
I pity inanimate objects... I pity them all.

© Godley & Creme - I Pity Inanimate Objects

1 Comments:

At 2:37 AM GMT+2, Blogger Maria said...

Hm, someone has to do all that deep thinking... I'm glad it isn't me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home