Sunday, May 07, 2006

The The.

The what? Matt Johnson. Cryptic? Nodatall... The The is a "band" around Matt Johnson. One could rather call it a project, as over the years The The interchanged band members as well as musical styles on a regular basis. The first 'version' of the band was formed in 1979, and the first three albums gained considerable underground fame. After several major changes in musical direction The The released 'Hanky Panky', a collection of Hank Williams covers, which was avoided by critics and didn't really sell at all (or so I've heard), except perhaps the "hit single" I Saw The Light. However, the new millenium saw the release of NakedSelf, which I discovered a bit late* - a must-listen if you (like me) dig the early (first three) releases. Or if you don't know The The at all. Or if you're a deaf tasteless douchebag. Why am I telling you this? Couldn't come up with a better reason to link to the official The The site which I found after being exposed to the NakedSelf. It is extremely well laid out (or is it layed out?!), features cool stuff like this Jukebox, where you can preview quite a lot (if not all) of The The's works. And it just made my day, listening to NakedSelf, which I consider a kickass record. Period.

*=today...

1 Comments:

At 11:38 PM GMT+2, Blogger Maria said...

I'm not a deaf tasteless douchebag, or at least I don't consider myself to be. But this is definitely both kickass and daymaking... not to mention reeeally cool |o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home