Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Another Disc In Different Drawer (Jaga Jazzist).

While I'm at it - leaving UMG behind, that is - why not support the old Ninja Tune? They are distributers of Jaga Jazzist's fine platters (outside Norway), and it's been a long time since I heard such excellent contemporary material from the funny smelling Jazz drawer. I hate to use the word eclectic in this context (actually I hate to use it in any context), however their output is very, er... versatile? Forget the labeling, check it out yourself. Classy stuff! (btw - NT also offer NetVideos, so if you have some time to kill or simply are interested in some off the beaten track stuff... there you go).
[edit: if you care for effectivity, buy 'The Stix' right away. This record keeps me shaking my head in disbelief - it is that good! Wiki says they're influenced by Talk Talk, Soft Machine, Eric SatiƩ, John Coltrane, Don Cherry, Aphex Twin, Stereolab, Squarepusher, Isotope 217 and Tortoise. I hear a good deal of old King Crimson... however, I don't think comparisons do them much justice - they're simply unique in a strange familiar way. That's more like it.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home