Friday, June 09, 2006

Rum Start...

So the German team defeated Costa Rica 4:2 in the opening game. Two killer goals on the German side, but our defense still needs a lot of work (to put it mildly). We'll see. Our next opponent, Poland, was surprisingly defeated by Ecuador 0:2. In Bad Kissingen, where Ecuador is based at, the kids were learning Spanish - kewl, innit? Tommorrow it's Argentina vs. Ivory Coast in Hamburg, probably a thrilling match as the IC team is anything but an underdog. The opening ceremony did a good job in proving to the world that the typical Ger-man usually wears Lederhosen, carries a 12 ft. whip and a 50 pound cowbell. Plus knows how to use them. Weird...

3 Comments:

At 1:02 AM GMT+2, Blogger Maria said...

congrats on a fine opening game... wear those Lederhosen with PRIDE, buddy, use that 12 ft whip and 50 pound cowbell well :o)))

 
At 12:20 PM GMT+2, Blogger bunka said...

I wonder what Bruce Dickinson would have said about one of THOSE... ;o))

 
At 2:27 PM GMT+2, Blogger Maria said...

I'm fairly certain he'd be bursting over with pride, although a leeeeeettul more could never hurt.
I'd tell you how madly excited I am about this, but I think you'd just laugh and call me silly, so I'll keep it a well-known secret for now :o) keep up the cowbells!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home