Thursday, July 06, 2006

While Thy Guitar Gently Beeps.

You know, one thing leads to another. Which is especially entertaining on Wednesdays, Thursdays and hot summer days. In fact, I find myself unable to reconstruct which one thing led me to Joe Satriani's website, but from there it was quite easy reading this and looking at that that I stumbled upon (remember?) his webcast introducing his latest work, humbly titled Super Colossal. Now I'm not a huge Satriani fan. I'm not sure if I'm even a fan. But I do like some of his songs and have a very intense memory of Satch Boogie, which is on his debut Surfing With The Alien, I believe. When that record came out, I was in Thailand, Chieng Mai to be precise, which is up north near the Golden Triangle, and I had that song on repeat in my Zoney walkman while I drove along some dusty road on an enduro motorbike. Of course there ain't no repeat built into a walkman (I'm talking about the cassette tape playback devices here), so I had to rewind it manually. However the rest of that story is true :o) The point I'm trying to make is this: here you can listen to the entire Super Colossal new Satriani CD streamed in very good quality (depending on your speakers, of course) along with some live notes of Joe talking about the story behind each song. And I must say, I enjoyed that music quite a bit. So, there you are.

1 Comments:

At 3:41 PM GMT+2, Blogger Maria said...

nifty bike :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home